Stories are more than just great ideas or words on a page. As a writer/editor/reader know the amount of time and energy it takes to craft books or documents for your business and have them looking the best they can be. I can check grammar, punctuation, spelling and readability.
Price for documents, emails, letters, blog posts and other content: £5 ($10) per 1000 words – or fixed amount depending on word count.
Copy editing/line editing
- Includes all proofreading checks
- Improves quality of wording, flow, sentence and paragraph structure.
- Basic fact checking (e.g. names, dates, events, people, places and calculations).
- Redundant words and phrases are removed.
- Ensures the tone targets the appropriate audience.
- Check that text is concise and removes unnecessary wording.
- Check formatting.
I edit pretty much all genres such as:
- Romance and all its sub-genres (including erotica)
- Fantasy and paranormal
- Science fiction
- Crime and thriller
- Self-help books
- Business nonfiction
- Young Adult and its sub-genres
Price for books of up to 30,000 words: £50 ($75)
Price for books of up to 60,000 words: £120 (170)
Prices for books up to 80,000 words: £180 ($250)
Price for books of up to 100,000 words: £200 ($300)
Price for books over 100,000 words will be dependent on word count.
Price for documents, emails, letters, blog posts and other content: £5 per 1000 words – or fixed amount depending on word count.
Note payments are charged in UK pounds GBP. Dollars are a rough estimate for international clients.
Developmental or Structural Editing
This the most in-depth form of editing and takes longer than either copy editing or proofreading.
- Check for consistency throughout the story
- Make suggestions for improvement, cut any unnecessary parts or suggest parts that need rewriting
- Check for continuity throughout – for example, if a character has the same hair colour they had in chapter 1
- Carry out thorough fact checking if required.
Prices for up to 30,000 words: £100 ($150)
Prices for up to 50,000 words: £150 ($200)
Price for up to 80,000-word books: £200 ($300)
Prices for more than 80,000 words are dependent on word count.
- Correct spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes.
- Check that style is consistent throughout.
- Checks consistency of British English vs American English spellings. Also includes Canadian and Australian English.
Price for businesses/individuals: Per 1000 words £5. This includes blog posts, newsletters, web copy and other content.
Prices for authors:
For up to 20,000 words £30 ($45)
For up to 50,000 £100 (£150)
For up 80,000 £150 ($200)
Prices for over 80,000 words will be dependent on word count.
I use the Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors for spelling etc, Hart’s Rules for grammar or the Guardian Style Guide. Or for US English I use the Chicago Manual of Style. But if you would prefer a different style guide please let me know.
Please contact me for a quote.