TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ECLIPSE EDITING AND WRITING SERVICES
These terms and conditions apply to website text and documents of all formats for copyediting, proofreading and writing services. Please contact me if you have any questions or queries.
ECLIPSE EDITING SERVICES:
- I will provide clear instructions about correcting errors and making improvements.
- If, however, errors in spelling, grammar or punctuation or any discrepancies within 14 days of receipt these will be rectified free of charge. Any other changes made outside of that time period will be chargeable.
- If a client makes further changes or additions to documents which have been proofread/edited and this results in further errors or any discrepancies, or more text to be proofread/edited without informing me this is also chargeable.
- I will not carry out an in-depth restructure or rewrite of any work (developmental editing) unless agreed upon in the quotation and costed to me.
- Quotations are valid from 30 days from the date provided.
THE SERVICES WILL BE CARRIED OUT FOLLOWING CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS:
- I am provided with a sample edit, or brief for the project.
- The client has agreed to details, time, cost and these terms and conditions.
- I have received a signed contract or quotation and payment is 50% payable.
- Payment is required before completed work is signed off or before any new projects commence.
- All documents are sent in Microsoft word format, not Adobe PDF or Google Docs.
- It is the client’s responsibility to state if a particular style guide is to be used. If not I will use the New Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors for fiction work and the Guardian Style Guide for any non-fiction work. For US English I use the Chicago Manual of Style.
- To provide me with a brief for any projects.
- To provide me with a sample before any editing/proofreading is undertaken.
- If you provide me with a sample, but the complete text is of a poorer standard, I reserve the right to adjust the quotation accordingly or refuse the work.
- I reserve the right to either change the date or return the work or decline the project and refund you if there is a delay in you sending me the work to me after the agreed date.
- I don’t charge VAT for my editing or writing services.
- Payment is to be made in GBP only.
- Payment is to be made by PayPal only and the client is responsible for any fees incurred.
- For individuals payment is 50% payable on agreement of project.
- For self-published authors payment plans are available.
- For companies/organisations payment is required within 30 days of invoice.
- The client may cancel within 14 days of agreement of project, but there is a minimum charge of £15.
- I reserve the right to charge the full final cost if a client cancel the project after 50% has been completed. If I have completed less than 50%, I reserve the right to charge half the final cost. There is a minimum charge of £20.
- If an order has been placed but no work has commenced, I reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of 25% of the full cost or minimum of £20.
- Decline experienced an unexpected difficulty and has to counsel or delay payment; please contact me first to discuss how to proceed.
- If I experienced an unexpected difficulty or was delayed during commencement of work or a working progress, I will contact the client immediately discuss and amend the timeframe.